Welcome and thank you for visiting Little B's Blog, your one stop dog blog for the latest news on Little B's Organic Dog Treats, Dog Products, Dog Health, Dog Activities, and Dog Interest Stories! Purchase Little B's Organic Dog Treats here LittleBs.etsy.com and eco3p.com/LittleBs.



Little B's Store

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Grapes of Wrath

To continue the wine country theme this week I thought it important to talk about dogs and grapes.  Did you know that grapes and raisins are poisonous to dogs?  According to the Animal Poison Control Center or ASPCA, "Although the toxic substance within grapes and raisins is unknown, these fruits can cause kidney failure.  In pets who already have certain health problems, signs may be more dramatic."  While I have known a dog or two in my day to eat a grape off the vine and be fine, it is important to err on the side of caution.

So what do you do if your dog has eaten this fruit?  Try to determine how much they ate and contact your vet immediately.  It's a good idea to contact the ASPCA as well to ensure the correct actions are taken.  The ASPCA can be reached at (888) 426-4435. 

Happy Earth Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment